TheSprout Awards 2012: Enter Now
Well citizens of the Sproutiverse it's that time of year again...
TheSprout Awards are returning for the third year and it's the night where we all gather in an oddly-shaped room and celebrate all the good work everyone has done over the past year, but with 9-12 people celebrating slightly more as they get a certificate and some prizes after winning an award. But we're all winners really...
Anyway TheSprout Awards 2012 are to take place on Saturday 31st March 2012. We're still ironing out some details, OK we're ironing out a lot of details but that doesn't mean we can't get started on the most important aspect - the nominations.
Our categories this year are:
- Best Sprouter (Best overall contributor to theSprout)
- Best Newcomer (Joined since the last awards ceremony on 31/3/11)
- Most Involved Sprouter (Who puts in the most leg work on theSprout?)
- Most Useful Article (Local info or advice or something that changed your view on a subject... useful stuff!)
- Best Creative Article (Poem, short story, serial etc.)
- Best Review (Film, theatre, restaurant, music, game, sports, you know reviews of stuff)
- Video of the Year
- Funniest Article
- Lord of the Comments (who leaves the best comments? Or maybe one comment in particular stands out?)
- Best Neck-cessory/Hair On The Night Award (to be awarded on the night naturally - that’s the dress code, wear what you want but there’s a prize for crazy hair/neck-cessory - that's a tie, scarf, shawl, anything that can be worn around your neck)
Want to nominate someone or something?
Well jolly good. If it’s a new piece of work that you've written then pop the category you want to enter it into at the top of your article when you submit it to theSprout in the usual manner.
For articles already up on the site you've got three options either:
- Email the link or URL with the category to email@example.com
- Post it on the Facebook Fan Page
- Or tweet the URL to @FeedTheSprout using the hashtag #SproutAwards or #GwobrauSprout
To nominate a user for an award, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the category included somewhere in the email.
You've got until Monday 5th March 2012 to get your nominations in. About week after that we'll get our vote on.
If you've got any questions, then comment away below. And yes you can nominate yourself.
Finally if you want to get involved in the planning of the ceremony come along to the next Sprout Editorial Group Meeting on Thursday.